Seminars & Workshops
NO MORE LOSING IT –GETTING TO CALM WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE NOT
When it comes to developing great relationships and great kids we know our children need us to be cool, calm and collected. Yet the biggest challenge in parenting is being cool, calm and collected. Why is it so hard and what can we do about it are the topics of this informative and useful workshop. You will leave learning how to increase your own maturity and how to decrease your knee-jerk reactions when your kids push your buttons. And let’s face it – our buttons are getting pushed all the time because our kids are masterful at finding them. Whether it is fighting us when putting them in a car seat, refusing to do their homework, not getting out of bed on time or not getting home by curfew, they can get our blood boiling. How we act when our blood boils is what we have in our control and the key to great parenting.
You will learn how to:
- Control yourself instead of your kid
- Develop and follow your parenting principles
- Let your feelings guide you and your thinking drive you
- Recognize your triggers
- Respond effectively to your children’s tantrums, aggression, negativity, disobedience, defiance, sibling battles and other frustrating behaviors.
PARENTING WITH PRINCIPLES
This workshop will help you to parent from your highest principles rather than from your fears. This workshop will give you a road map of the potential parenting pitfalls and how to steer clear of them. While you children are navigating the curves and bumps of life, this workshop will help you strengthen your relationship and maintain your sanity!
You will learn how to:
- Respond to your kids when they refuse to do what you ask.
- Control yourself instead of controlling them.
- Create a relationship environment that fosters responsible, self-directed, thoughtful children.
- Deal with your mate when he or she is on a different parenting page.
- Deal with your kids when they are being disrespectful.
- Get out of power struggles.
- Not get into power struggles.
- Respond to eating and bedtime struggles.
These lively and informative discussion groups are available for parents with children ages 2-5, 6-8, 9-12,13-18. Meet other parents who face similar challenges to your own. A special parent connection can help our children to thrive throughout their lives. But what is the nature of this connection and how is it established and maintained? Our meetings will help you to strengthen and maintain critical bonds with your family and to maintain a perspective in your life.
Topics covered include:
- Raising confident kids
- Inoculating kids from depression
- Listening and being emotionally present
- Letting go, hanging on and thriving yourself
- Understanding the social lives of our kids
- Homework and academics
- Sibling Relationships
- Setting Boundaries and Limits
CLOSER ENCOUNTERS FOR COUPLES
Come alone or with your partner! This workshop will help you to identify your blocks and the patterns that are in the way of a more satisfying relationship. We often believe that people rather than patterns are the culprits to great relationships. I will help you to see problems in a relationship context. In this program you will learn how you can contribute to improving the dynamics in your partnership.
You will learn to:
- Look in your own mirror
- Represent yourself authentically
- Communicate effectively
- Calm Down in order to Grow Up
- Observe the ways you manage anxiety
This workshop is for you if you want to understand and strengthen relationships with your lover, boss, colleague, friend, in-law or others who matter to you. Do you feel disconnected from others, argue or distance from them or they to you.? Do relationships feel overwhelming and difficult to manage? Do you suffer from anxiety or depression? Or do you just want to get from good to great with the relationships you have? This workshop will help you identify the patterns that have brought you where you are and help you find the keys to deepening your connections and get you where you want to be.
You will learn to:
- Define your priorities
- Find your voice
- Untangle painful emotions
- Resolve confusion
- Manage your anxiety effectively